Would you like to be part of a leading, equality-seeking organization fighting violence against women, advocating for change, and working to build inclusive, empowering community for survivors of sexual violence?
Your Finance and Administrative expertise can make a difference!
The Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre is a feminist non-profit charitable organization that provides crisis response, counselling, advocacy, accompaniment, to survivors of sexual violence in all its forms. ORCC further provides public education, organizational training, and public policy input on issues of sexual violence. We have served survivors in our community since our inception in 1974 as one of the first three Rape Crisis/Sexual Assault centres in Canada.
We are seeking a Finance professional to assist us during a medical leave, with potential for extension. ORCC’s Finance and Administration Coordinator oversees and executes all ORCC’s financial activities (including bookkeeping, budgeting, AP, AR, reconciliations, banking, etc.).
This position reports to the Operations Director, under the overall direction of the Executive Director and Board Finance Committee.
Position: Interim Finance & Administrative Coordinator
Duration: October 1 – December 31, 2018 with possibility of renewal
30 hours per week: $30.00 per hour
To control and administer all financial and capital resources of the ORCC under the direction of the Executive and Operations Directors, within direction set by the Board and membership, including the Centre’s code of ethics.
Click on each section to expand.
1. Handle all financial activities of ORCC as per ORCC Financial Policies under the overall direction of the Executive and Operations Directors.
2. Adhere to existing and implement new internal controls regarding financial reporting activities.
3. Create and administer the annual budget set by the ORCC Board of Directors and advise the Operations Director and/or the Finance Committee of any variances on quarterly basis.
4. Fulfill internal and external financial reporting obligations as required with the Operations Director (including Charitable Return, HST remittances, etc.).
5. Create Quarterly reports for the Ministry of the Attorney General and other reports as required.
6. Process payroll (Ceridian) on a biweekly basis and prepare associated payroll reconciliations.
7. Process and submit mandatory/non-mandatory benefit remittances for a staff of 10+.
8. Administer the budget and advise the Operations Director and the Finance Committee of any variances on a quarterly basis.
9. Maintain petty cash and monthly accounting sheet for it.
10. Prepare ORCC for year-end audits and work with auditors through completion.
11. Handle day-to-day financial operation of the ORCC.
12. Participate in ORCC Board of Directors Finance Committee.
13. Collect monthly statistics from Coordinators and process them according to Funder’s request and requirements.
1. Respond to general inquiries, where necessary refer calls to the appropriate person, and take messages when staff is not available to receive calls.
2. Receive crisis calls appropriately on the business line, and connect callers to appropriate staff; help with greeting visitors/centre clients
3. Ensure the collection, sorting, registration and distribution of mail.
4. Provide administrative support to the Executive and Operations Directors.
5. Develop and maintain the filing systems, databases and office forms.
6. Ensure the organization and ordering of office supplies.
7. Maintain monthly personnel time records, including vacation time and sick leave.
8. Ensure the care and maintenance of main office equipment: photocopier, fax machine, telephones and voice mail system.
9. Manage centre systems, including trouble-shooting, liaising with tech support, logging issues and resolutions
10. Secure and work with vendors for internal/external property management.
1. Demonstrate an active commitment to anti-racist/anti-oppressive organizational and social change.
2. Participate in Annual General Meeting, Board of Director’s meetings, and centre events as required
3. Other tasks as assigned by the organization.
Accountable to the Operations Director, under the overall direction of the Executive Director.
1. Education: 3rd year CGA or equivalent experience in business and/or non-profit.
2. Highly proficient in Simply Accounting and Excel
3. Proficient with information technology (Outlook, Word, Excel, communications)
4. Three years’ experience with organizational responsibilities, including demonstrated skill in setting up and maintaining accounting and office systems.
5. Experience processing biweekly payroll (Ceridian)
6. Experience in administration, office, and property management
7. Knowledge of CRA charitable rules and regulations
8. Able to take initiative and work independently.
9. Must be able to provide quick turnaround of unanticipated requests.
10. Superior critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
11. Must be able to provide quick turnaround of unanticipated requests.
12. Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is an asset
13. Feminist understanding/analysis.
14. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
15. Ability to work collaboratively in a cohesive team environment
16. High degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
17. The Centre is actively seeking applicants from diverse cultural and racial backgrounds.
18. Experience working in grassroots/non-profit/frontline and violence against women organizations strongly preferred.
This is a part-time (3 to 4 days/week) term position (three months) with the possibility of renewal. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis so early submission is strongly encouraged. Competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORCC is a great place to work, with an amazing team. Please let us know why you’d like to work with us by submitting your cover letter and CV with Subject: “FA HIRING” to firstname.lastname@example.org.