In distress? Looking for information? Want to talk right now? Call our 24-Hr Crisis Line: 613-562-2333.
Accompaniment can also be arranged for survivors going to court, hospital, police, etc.
All of the Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre (ORCC) counselling services are available for all self-identified women, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid individuals 16 years and older who are either recent or childhood survivors of all types of sexual assault. All of our counselling services are free of charge and completely confidential. Survivors may access our long-term counselling, crisis counselling and group counselling. Additionally, the ORCC offers crisis counselling to a survivor’s supports (partner, parent, and friend) of up to 3 sessions.
- Long-term Counselling: Counselling that explores a variety of issues related to sexual assault and promotes healing. Long-term counselling lasts up to 1 year.
- Crisis Counselling: Crisis counselling is available for up to 3 sessions.
- Short-term Counselling: Short-term counselling offering up to 12 sessions of counselling.
- Group Counselling: Various therapeutic groups offered bi-yearly that focus on a variety of topics including grief, boundaries, trust, relationships, sex and sexuality, flashbacks etc. These groups promote sharing and healing with other survivors in a safe, closed-group setting. These groups require registration and a pre-screening interview with the group facilitator prior to the beginning of the group.
- Support-Person Counselling: many support people feel powerless or wish to 'say the right thing' to those they love who have been sexually assaulted or abused. ORCC offers up to 3 sessions survivor's support people - I.e. family, partners.
How to Access ORCC Counselling Services
To access long-term or group counselling services at the ORCC or to receive more information about counselling services, please call the Counselling Coordinator at 613-562-2334 ex 30.
To access crisis counselling services at the ORCC please call the crisis line between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday at 613-562-2333 ex. 30.