Counsellor / Psychotherapist Part Time
As a Counsellor/Psychotherapist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to ORCC’s counselling services as a historic and survivor-centered not-for-profit organization. You will be joining an organization that continues to uphold and navigate ethical and best practices in service delivery for survivors of sexual and/or gender-based violence for decades to come.
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Community Engagement, the Counsellor/Psychotherapist will be responsible for providing counselling and psychotherapy services to survivors of recent and/or historical sexual abuse/violence and/or gender-based violence. Working from a client-centered, trauma-informed, anti-racist and anti-oppression framework, the Counsellor/Psychotherapist provides referrals and advocacy support, and engages in outreach efforts where required.
Overview of Role and Responsibilities
The Counsellor/Psychotherapist will:
- Provide trauma informed, culturally appropriate counselling services to survivors of sexual abuse/violence and/or gender-based violence, 16 years and older, according to ORCC counselling guidelines.
- Provide quality client care that is consistent with best practice, agency standards, and trauma-informed and evidence-based approaches.
- Provide group counselling and/or educational workshops.
- Maintain complete clinical client records in the ORCC electronic client records database in accordance with ORCC policies.
- Maintain complete and accurate client records and counselling statistics in accordance with ORCC policies through an electronic client records database.
- Participate in staff and counselling team meetings, and professional development activities.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled supervision meetings with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Collaborate with community partners and provide referrals for survivors who require services beyond the scope and mandate of the counselling program in accordance with ORCC policies.
- Contribute to ORCC’s culture by engaging in internal activities, sharing feedback, and bringing a problem-solving perspective.
- Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Social Worker in good standing with the relevant college (CRPO or OCSWSSW).
- Master’s degree in Counselling, Social Work or Clinical Psychology with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in mental health services.
- Previous experience working in the field of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Specific experience and professional training in working with clients who have experienced trauma.
- Experience working with racialized, colonized, oppressed, and/or marginalized communities.
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate client file management systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Requirements and Working Conditions
- Police records check- vulnerable sector screening
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
ORCC’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The ORCC is committed to operationalizing the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of its work. Every ORCC member will benefit from training and opportunities to make meaningful contributions in these areas. We invite people who embrace these values to join our team.
Salary Range and Benefits:
This is a part-time position (18.75 hours/week). The annual salary range for this position is $30,000 – $35,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. The ORCC provides a generous leave entitlements and professional development supports.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references in confidence to ORCC@ORCC.net by end of the day Friday, August 26th, 2022. Please include “Counsellor/Psychotherapist Position” in the subject line. Interviews may commence on a rolling basis, prior to the deadline for applications. No phone calls or emails please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORCC is an equal opportunity employer, and we pride ourselves on being inclusive and meeting our obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code. We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. If any job candidate requires an accommodation to participate in this recruitment process, please feel free to indicate your needs to Candice Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org).