Finance & Operations Coordinator
The Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre (ORCC) is a grassroots organization that provides services and supports to survivors of sexual violence in Ottawa. You will play a key role in coordinating the operations and organizational supports of a historic and survivor-centered not-for-profit organization. You will be joining an organization that continues to uphold and navigate ethical and best practices in service delivery for survivors of gender-based violence for decades to come.
ORCC’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The ORCC is committed to operationalizing the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of its work. Every ORCC members will benefit from training and opportunities to make meaningful contributions in these areas. We invite people who embrace these values to join our team.
This role is a 16-month contract with possibility of extension. Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Finance and Operations Coordinator (“the Coordinator”) is responsible for managing ORCC’s operational and financial systems and processes in a manner that is responsive and takes initiative to meaningfully address organizational and community needs as they evolve. For this role, the ORCC is looking for someone who is analytical and systematic in their approach to problem solving and when implementing new ideas, processes, and strategies. The Coordinator will have a strong work ethic as well as a collaborative and inclusive nature. The Coordinator will be focused on achieving outcomes using a consultative and inclusive approach while playing a central role in ensuring ORCC’s operational excellence.
Overview of Role and Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the ORCC’s day-to-day financial management; organization and maintenance of HR records; preparing for and supporting annual audits; maintenance of funder reporting relationships; support of fund development; and general administration.
Finance & Audit
- Develop annual operating budgets and financial reports.
- Collaborate with external service providers to ensure effective financial management.
- Prepare for and support the annual audit.
- Ensure donation tax receipts are issued in compliance CRA requirements.
- Ensure appropriate tracking and reporting of all donations, revenues and expenses.
- Ensure all financial policies and internal controls are followed and maintained.
Funder Relations and Reporting
- Ensure reporting obligations are met as per funding agreements.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with funders.
- Help to identify potential funding opportunities and support applications.
- Support both the Operations team and the Board of Directors, including preparing for monthly Board meetings and Committee meetings.
- General administrative tasks as required, including maintaining the phone system, monitoring and managing financial and operation-related email inboxes, and checking the post box.
- Maintain record keeping systems to ensure that HR policies, processes and systems are being followed.
- Cultivate a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and promote the collaboration between employees, contractors, and other stakeholders to facilitate and encourage a productive, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A post-secondary degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent experience with a focus on finance and HR,
- Minimum of three years in a similar role OR proven equivalent experience in a similar role,
- Non-profit experience required,
- Experience with effective financial management and reporting for various stakeholders,
- Demonstrated skills in communication, teamwork, planning, organizing, and relationship-building,
- Digital literacy and proficiency with emerging technological platforms to support evolving finance and operations needs of the organization, including QuickBooks Online..
- Experience with the audit process.
- Experience administering payroll and issuing T4s.
Requirements and Working Conditions
- Police records check- vulnerable sector screening
- Ability to manage work pressures associated with difficult situations and/or deadlines
- Will involve a combination of remote and onsite work
Salary Range and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $68,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. The ORCC provides generous leave entitlements and professional development supports.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references in confidence to ORCC@ORCC.net by end of the day on Friday, September 2nd, 2022. Please include ‘Finance and Operations Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Interviews may commence on a rolling basis before the deadline for applications.
No phone calls or emails, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORCC is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on being inclusive and meeting our obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code. We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. If any job candidate requires an accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please feel free to indicate your needs to Candice Shaw (email@example.com).